Please join us for our Annual Juried Art & Photography Exhibit. If you are interested in submitting work please see the following guidelines below.
Highland Art Center’s Annual Juried Art Show Guidelines
SHOW DATES: Exhibition will run from October 1st through October 31st
DEADLINE: Entries must be received on or before Friday, September 28th by 4:00 pm. No exceptions. You may bring entries in any time after Monday, September 10th, until Friday, September 28th.
RECEPTION: A reception will be held from 5:00 to 8:00pm on Saturday, October 6th.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to any current Highland Art Center Members that are 18 years of age or older.
Membership at the Highland is required.
ENTRY FEES: $10.00 per entry, non-refundable.
LIMIT: No more than four (4) entries per category will be accepted.
JURYING: Jurying will take place at the Highland Art Center. The gallery will be closed until the juror has concluded jurying.
CRITIQUE: A critique by the juror will take place at the Highland Art Center. Please, contact us for more information at 530-623-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALES: The Highland Art Center retains a 30% commission on all sales. Entries that are not for sale must be marked NFS on the entry form. Only one NFS per person is allowed.
Photography – Original
Works on Paper – Any mediums on paper such as but not limited to: watercolor, pastel, gouache, graphite, printmaking, pen & ink.
Works on Canvas – Oil or acrylic paintings on canvas or board
Mixed Media & Fiber – Two/or three-dimensional wall mounted mixed media works including stained glass and decorative non-wearable fiber works such as macramé.
Sculpture – Three dimensional work in clay, wood, stone, blown glass, papier-mâché, metal, etc.
Functional – Primarily functional work such as jewelry, pottery, furniture, baskets, turned items, etc.
NOTE: Categories must consist of at least (4) entries or the work will be grouped with another category at the discretion of the juror. No division will be made within the categories as to representational or non-representational work. The juror reserves the right to move work, which is in his/her expert opinion, not entered in the appropriate category. The final selection of work to be juried & displayed rests solely with the juror. Some of the work accepted by the juror may not be included if there isn’t enough space available.
1. Original artwork only. No prints, kits, or commercially designed pieces will be accepted.
2. No copies of other artist’s work and no reproductions.
3. Work must not have previously been exhibited at the Highland Art Center.
4. All work must be ready for display. Wall-hanging items must have the appropriate wire and hardware (no saw tooth hangers). Free-standing items must be able to stand on their own. All items must be in excellent condition upon submission or they will not be accepted.
5. Awards are made at the juror’s discretion.
6. All accepted work must remain on the premises for the entire show. Work must be retrieved on October 28th - 30th, 2018 after the close of the show.
7. Work not accepted may be picked up after the critique.
8. All reasonable care will be taken with work submitted, however, the Highland is not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of work entered, whether accepted or not.
AWARDS: BEST OF SHOW $200.00
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE (ea. Category) $75.00
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT (ea. Category) $45.00
HONORABLE MENTION Non-cash awards